Retire in Cape Coral, Florida
Top 9 Reasons to Retire in Cape Coral
9. Values You won’t go broke living here. The cost of living is very reasonable compared to many other parts of Florida and the US. In fact, the housing costs are phenomenal considering all of the great things Cape Coral offers. You can buy a gulf access waterfront home from $200,000 and up.
8. Waterfront Living is the boater’s dream. Cape Coral is a peninsula and has over 400 miles of navigable canals. You can take your boat out in area lakes, fresh water canals or in the salt water canals and river leading out to the Gulf of Mexico. There are many public boat ramps or you can dock your boat in your own backyard on your canal.
7. Weather I probably don’t need to tell you this but our average temperatures are quite friendly! In the summer months we average 90s for a high and 70s for a low. We typically get a lovely afternoon shower or thunderstorm to cool us off each day. During the winter months we average highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. Spring & Fall are my favorites with average highs in the 80s and average lows in the 60s. We are south of that ‘line’ where it gets cold in the winter months. Seriously, even an hour north of us you’ll find much lower temps in the winter. Sure we get a few days of ‘cold’ during the winter but if you stay in this area you’ll have very little concern of the winters. Nearly 0 percent chance of snow 🙂
6. Convenience of Location Cape Coral is located about 30 minutes from Southwest Florida Regional Airport. RSW is an internation
al airport with flights traveling all over the world. We are also only a couple of hours away from other fun destination cities like Miami, Tampa & Orlando. Great for day trips or weekend getaways!
5. Florida has no state income tax (I know I know you said you were retiring but you’ll find that not many people actually retire around here. They keep working because they are happier and have more energy living in paradise). Want to get your real estate license and help others find their way here too? You could come work at your favorite Cape Coral real estate brokerage: Florida Future Realty, Inc.
4. Air quality Many happen to breathe easier in the warmer humid climates. I know when I visit drier weather my skin cracks and I’m forever thirsty. We don’t have any polluting factories around us. You get the salty healing sea breeze all around since we are a peninsula.
3. Activities Golf is a popular sport in Cape Coral. There are 4 great golf courses in Cape Coral and many more nearby in Ft Myers and Naples as well. There are many great parks in Cape Coral. Many of which offer tennis courts, shuffle board and picnic areas. The fishing in Cape Coral is superb. You can fish both freshwater & saltwater fish in the same day! Want to relax? How about a day at the beach? We are a short distance from world renowned beaches like Sanibel, Captiva, Pine Island, Bonita Beach and Ft Myers Beach!
2. Wildlife You will never run out of great wildlife to enjoy. From beautiful birds to manatess to alligators. There is something for you! J N Ding Darling on Sanibel Island is always a crowd pleaser.
1. Quality Medical Care I saved this for the last one because the rest sounds much more fun! But if you aren’t healthy it makes it tougher to enjoy life. Cape Coral has a great hospital centrally located on Del Prado Blvd. There is also a newer VA hospital in the NE section of town as well. We are also close enough to other speciality hospitals in Ft Myers, Naples and even Tampa & Miami if your specialty is lacking. There is a doctors office around about every corner so you will never be far from the medical care you need. Our emergency responders are fantastic and if an emergency should occur you can expect the best trained first responders to be there with the quickness.
If there is anything I left out that you’d like to inquire on please let me know. I have lived and worked in Cape Coral since the early 90s and I couldn’t imagine calling anywhere else home! You can always search for homes on our main website to see what houses are going for now: Cape Coral Florida Homes for Sale